2012: WHAT WAS BIG
The end of 2012 saw big tech stories come fast and furious, some of which meant something and others... well, what did you think?
- Windows 8. Blackberry 10. iPhone 5. The numbers made a big splash this year.
- Virtual found itself manifest in bricks and mortar with both Microsoft and Apple looking to win the hearts of consumers on the storefront level.
3D printing - everyone's favourite new pastime. What will it mean for offices?
- Lots went on in the photo app front: Instagram scandals led to big openings for Flickr, and the rise of Eyeem and S
Pinterest launched business pages, and seemed to be doing it as easily and effectively as it cornered the market on 30-something-year-old women.
- Everyone was obsessed with Big Data. (Who wants to weigh in?)
- And everyone brought their own devices to work (BYOD), creating all new connection and security issues to ponder and troubleshoot.
- Speaking of - everyone seems to have put out their own tablet now: from Apple to Microsoft to the convertible laptop-cum-tablets.
©2014 TNG Networks Inc. All rights reserved.